Add images to your message
In outbound, we believe it best to keep the use of images to the minimum. The simpler the email, the better it will convey your message. However, if you want to use images in your cadence, you can do that by linking to an image hosted on a server.
Follow this guide to see how to upload images to a server and use them in your Growbots cadence.
Using images in cadences
Uploading images varies depending on the server and technology used. In this article, we’ll use PostImage – a public image hosting service. It supports JPG and PNG image formats, allows direct linking and is a reliable service, so it fits our needs perfectly.
- You need to upload the image onto the server.
- Once it’s up, copy the direct link to the image.
- Go to Growbots, open the Cadences view, choose a cadence and Edit a message.
- Click the image creator tool.
- In the image creator window, paste the direct link in the URL field.
- Make sure to provide relevant alternative text.
- You can further modify the visual appearance of the image:
- by altering Width and Height. You can modify the two separately, but it’s best to keep the original image’s aspect ratio by keeping the padlock icon closed,
- by altering the image’s border width and its Hspace and Vspace which are basically vertical and horizontal margins,
- by choosing the horizontal alignment of the image.
- You can also make the image a link in itself. If you do that, clicking the image will redirect to a given website.
- To make the image a link, go to the Link tab of the image creator and provide the URL of the website you want the link to redirect to.
- You can also choose whether you want the link to be opened in the same or in a new browser tab by choosing an appropriate option from the Target dropdown menu.
- Accept by clicking OK and Save changes done to the cadence.
Done! If everything is setup correctly, the image will be displayed in the message editor and in the cadence view.
Make sure to test the image by sending the cadence to yourself either via the Send preview feature or simply by sending a campaign to yourself as prospect.