Send a test campaign
Testing your cadence by sending the messages to yourself is an important step in preparing your campaign. Making sure that everything’s set up correctly will boost your confidence and give you peace of mind.
But seeing your message as your recipient sees it means so much more. It gives you an insight into how your campaigns look first hand and a glimpse of the experience you’re about to give to your prospects.
Make sure to test your cadence thoroughly before sending it out to your prospects.
Testing your cadences
In Growbots, there are two ways to test your cadence:
- By sending yourself separate previews of all your messages.
- By sending out a campaign to yourself as a prospect.
Sending a preview
Send preview allows you to send a preview of any message to yourself, to see how they look in your recipient’s inbox. It is an extension of the Show preview feature and is available from within its view. And the best thing about it, it allows you to easily replace the custom fields with any text you want.
The preview of the message is sent to the email address that is used as a login to your Growbots user account. It only sends a preview of a single message at a time, so if you want to test an entire cadence, you’ll need to send a preview for each message separately.
To test a message by sending a preview:
- Go to the Cadence view and pick the cadence and the message you want to preview.
- Click Show preview next to the message. The preview window will pop up, showing you the preview of the message.
- By default, the custom fields are populated with random Latin words, but you can easily change the content of the custom fields by editing the fields to the left of the message.
- Once you’re satisfied with the custom fields data, click Send preview.
The message will be sent to the email address you use to log into your Growbots user account.
- Repeat steps 2-4 for all the messages you want to send a preview for.
Sending a test campaign
You can also test a cadence by sending it to your email. To do that, you’ll need to import your contact info into Growbots as a prospect and send out a campaign to yourself. This will allow you to experience your messages from the recipient’s perspective.
There is, however, one aspect that you might prefer not to experience to the fullest, and that’s the pauses between the campaigns. To avoid waiting days for the messages to arrive, you can simply clone the selected cadence and edit out the clone by disabling the Send at and Send after rules. This way all the messages will go out immediately as soon as you start the campaign.
To test a cadence by sending out a campaign:
- Prepare the CSV file you will use to import email addresses for the test campaign into Growbots.
When importing, the only information necessary is the contact’s email address. However, providing other fields, like first name or company name, will allow you to test the custom fields set up.
- Upload the CSV file using the Import prospects wizard in the Projects view. You can import your prospects into an existing project, but it might be a good idea to create a separate project for that.
Learn more about it in the article on importing prospects.
- If you don’t want to wait for the follow-ups to go out, go to Cadences view and Clone the cadence you want to test.
Learn more about it in the article on cadence setup.
- Edit out the clone, disabling the Send at and Send after rules in each of the messages.
Learn more about it in the article on setting up cadence timing.
- Once you’ve got both your prospects imported and your cadence ready to go, Accept the prospects, choose the cadence you want to test (or the clone) and start the campaign.
- The messages will go out according to the timing settings in the campaign.
Note: Growbots doesn’t track replies in campaigns in which both the sender’s and the recipient’s email addresses are the same.