Please note that this article is divided into two parts: the introduction and a step-by-step guide on how to turn on Autopilot. Also, this feature is not enabled by default, please contact us via chat or at email@example.com to have it turned on.
What is Autopilot?
Autopilot is a feature which starts a given number of new campaigns every 24 hours (Monday- Friday) automatically in a project. It’s useful when you don’t want to schedule your campaigns manually.
How does it work?
When you have Autopilot turned on for a given project, it will automatically start new campaigns with a cadence you chose. You can choose how many prospects should be scheduled each day and Autopilot will start them every 24 hours, Monday to Friday, as long as there are prospects in the ‘new prospects’ view.
You can only set one Autopilot per project at the time and it will be connected only to one email channel and one cadence. If you’d like to use it with multiple cadences and/or email channels, you’ll need to set up another project(s) for that. You can use the Clone Project button in the Projects view to easily create identical projects. Read more about cloning projects in this article.
If you’d like to change the setup of the Autopilot, stop it and then start it again with updated settings.
How to start using Autopilot
- Set up a project, go to the New Prospects section and generate a list of prospects.
- Review the list and remove the prospects you do not like using the Reject button Remember that you can reject multiple prospects at once. Make sure only that only the prospects you want to send a campaign to remain on the list. Read more about rejecting prospects here.
- Clean up and update the prospects’ custom fields if necessary. Remember to provide all the necessary custom field data used in the selected cadence for all your prospects. Learn more about cleaning up custom fields in this article
- Once your list is ready, click on accept all and schedule messages to send:
- Choose the email channel you want to send the messages from
- Choose how many messages a day should the Autopilot send
- Choose the cadence you want to use- please note, that the cadence must allow messages Monday-Friday.
- Click on ‘schedule messages’
And it’s done!
You can review the setup of Autopilot by going to the New Prospects section of the project:
If you’d like to change the setup, stop the Autopilot and then start it again with the new settings.
Things to keep in mind
Please remember that Autopilot starts new campaigns, and the messages will be sent out according to the timing you set for your cadence.
For example, you have a cadence which allows the first message to be sent out only on Friday at 8:00 AM your time zone. You started Autopilot on Monday at 6:00 AM allowing 50 messages a day. It means that Autopilot will start 50 campaigns on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday at 6:00 AM. They will appear in the project progress section with status in progress, and 0/3 (if the cadence has 3 messages), and 250 messages will be sent only on Friday at 8:00 AM.
This can cause reaching your sending limits, so we always recommend using Autopilot with cadences that allow sending messages from Monday to Friday. This should prevent messages from piling up in one day.